Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Wednesday Wake Up #16

Just Because You Can....

I'm sure you have heard of that saying "just because you can, doesn't mean you should." We can apply that saying to so many different areas of our life, but there is one area it needs to apply to. It needs to apply to our walk with Christ. In Christ we have freedom from condemnation and from the death of sin (death in connection to God), but that does not mean that just because we can seek forgiveness we should just go and sin anyway I was confronted a couple of different times by an atheist and by an agnostic and they both said that since I can be forgiven by God, I should just go an sin intentionally or else I am wasting what Christ did on the cross. Wow. Seriously? What a ridiculous statement.  


First, I needed new people to hang out with. I needed new people to hang out with and as a Christ follower, I needed to be around other Christ following men. That didn't mean that I no longer spoke to those guys, but I need men in my corner who also follow Christ. If we look at Proverbs (great book) but specifically the wisdom contained within Proverbs 13:20, then we see we need to be around those who are wise. Not so much worldly wise, but also wise in the Holy Spirit so that he can assist me in my growth and I can assist him as well. If I am attacked by a man (or sin in this case) a brother in Christ can help me up if I fall and stand with me as we fight with the Holy Spirit against Satan's temptations (Ecclesiastes 4:12).
 

Man understands things a certain way and outside of the Holy Spirit they will not know what God has for them in life. Proverbs 14:12 tells us people think a certain way and think it is okay, yet they have no idea that death is inevitable in that way. Maybe you are so accustomed to being isolated. In isolation, no one can keep you accountable about the sinful ways that you succumb to. No one can love you in isolation. No one can hold you in isolation. While isolation may seem like it is "drama free" it is also void of love, accountability and growth. Just because it seems okay for you doesn't mean that God wants that for you.


A common thing I see is people who control others. They are always taking charge and always the boss. If they don't get their way they become the take my ball and go home type or the "it's my way or the highway." Not everyone, but there are those that feel like they should control what is going on. Why? It seems right to do so, but why? Is it a lack of faith in others to do their part? Is it to hard to trust others? Or maybe the faith that God isn't going to provide you with what you need? If we read the word we know that God provides for those doing His will (Philippians 4:19). It doesn't mean life will be perfect. There will be some bumps. That's life. But just because you are comfortable controlling everything doesn't mean that is how it needs to be or even what God wants from you. If you aren't asking for His guidance before and during a task, then that is part of the problem (Psalm 32:8). You need to submit to God's will and let Him show you what it is that needs to be done. Not just on the surface, but also on the inside of you. Your spirit is important and it needs to be in conjunction with God's will.


PLEASE SEE THE LOGOS AND LINKS BELOW TO SHARE VIA EMAIL, TWITTER, FACEBOOK, PINTEREST AND GOOGLE PLUS. THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment