Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Wednesday Wake Up #7

Why Look Back?

I have a personal testimony that is quite long and would take an entire conversation to cover every part of it. Also, my testimony is not over yet. God is still directing my steps. It is up to me to follow them. And when I don't follow those steps that He lays before and my selfishness redirects me to another path, God jumps right back in and lays another path before me. Once again, it is up to me to be obedient to His word and do what it is that Has commanded me to do (John 14:15).



I bring up this topic because in a conversation I had with a friend the other day about regrets in life. We were talking about what life would be if "this" happened instead of "that." While I do struggle with how nice things would have been if I worked at this company or finished school sooner or gone to school elsewhere or had been married to an ex-girlfriend, I also realize that I am in life where God needs me to be to do the work He has commanded me to do. While I do not know where life would have taken me had past things worked out a certain way, it also doesn't matter to even think about it. I am a different person today than I was 15 years ago, 10 years ago, 5 years ago, and 2 years ago. I can appreciate where I am even if I do not like all the parts (1 Thessalonians 5:18).



In Genesis 19, God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for not having righteous people in it. God spared Abraham's family and God's angels told Abraham's family not to look back at the city as it was being destroyed or they would turn into pillars of salt. Lot's wife looked back at Sodom and Gomorrah and did the opposite of what she was instructed and turned into a pillar of salt.


It is one thing to look back at life and appreciate where you have been and stay faithful in the path God has laid before you, but is another to see your past life (before following Christ) and wish it was that instead of where God has you now (2 Corinthians 5:17).

 

PLEASE SEE THE LOGOS AND LINKS BELOW TO SHARE VIA EMAIL, TWITTER, FACEBOOK, PINTREST AND GOOGLE PLUS. THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment