Friday, September 18, 2015

Friday Focus #5

Sharing the Word

I used to be afraid to talk to people about Jesus. I wouldn't even talk to other Christians about Jesus. I just didn't know a whole lot. I only knew that he died for my sins (and yours), was the Son of God and was a carpenter. I didn't know much more. I only had some basic information and facts. I had no in depth understanding about Jesus and his life.

The more I understood (through reading and studying) the more likely I was to share my story and how God was working through me and guiding me. The more I saw how God was using me for His purposes the more I was falling in line with wanting to and executing His will to the best of my abilities. The pressure to have every answer to every question decreased.




I know we have covered one of Christ's commands to go and make disciple of all nations, but I haven't covered the fear that can prohibit the sharing. But we must know that just like in 2 Timothy 1:7, God did not give us a "spirit of fear..." Paul is telling Timothy not to be fearful about the gift God entrusted to him. So, why would Jesus give us a command and then not equip us with what we need to carry out that command? 



Max Lucado has a great quote on faith and fear.




Just hitting share on Google+ and twitter and texting weekly does a lot for sharing the word. This site allows me to look at the stats of each post and see how many (not who) people look at each post each day. I noticed that the views were down for yesterday's post when usually by the time I looked (around 5pm) they would have reach their maximum for the day. Then I realized that I never "shared" the post. Ha!! Here I am sharing The Word and I didn't even "share" The Word. After a few hours after sharing the post on two Gmail accounts and Twitter, the views went up 41%. I don't do this for the stats, I do this to aid in teaching scripture to those who need reminders, to water an already planted seed and to share with those that do not know Jesus yet.

Isn't time you told someone about Jesus? Here is an article I read with more support in your sharing- http://www.unlockingthebible.org/afraid-to-share-your-faith/



PLEASE SEE THE LOGOS AND LINKS BELOW TO SHARE THIS VIA EMAIL, TWITTER, FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, AND GOOGLE PLUS. THANKS.

No comments:

Post a Comment