Friday, September 4, 2015

Friday Focus #3

Bad Company and Good Morals

In the Wednesday Wake Up for this week I covered being unequally yoked with people who do not follow Christ. This could be dating, marriage, close relationships, business, etc. If you follow Christ it doesn't make sense as to why you would unite with someone who does not follow or understand Christ as you do. How can they help you grow in your relationship with Christ? That is in conjunction with the 1st Commandment.

You can't charge your iPhone with a charger for your my phone. It is a completely different device. Would you seek a golf coach to become a pilot? Would you want to learn how to cook from someone who doesn't understand how to cook? Why be partnered with someone who doesn't match well with you for something so important to you?

In 1 Corinthians 15:33, Paul tells us not to be misled and that bad company corrupts good character. I struggle in my prayer life from time to time. The only people who can help me grow in that area are those who follow Christ. If I am having a down in the dumps kind of day, nice words are nice from friends, but couldn't I use some scripture too? People who don't follow Christ have never led me to seek scripture for anything I was ever going through. I need that. You need that. We are all a part of the body of Christ and we need to be strong to keep the body upright and healthy. Just like we need to eat right, drink water and exercise for the betterment of our own bodies, then we need to make sure the body of Christ is strong as well by checking out where we are plugged in and with whom we are connected.



PLEASE SEE THE LOGOS AND LINKS BELOW TO SHARE THIS VIA EMAIL, TWITTER, FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, AND GOOGLE PLUS. THANKS.

No comments:

Post a Comment