Saturday, September 5, 2015

Mark 12:44- The Widow's Offering

The Widow's Offering

At first read of Mark 12:41-44, I was thinking that the message was pretty simple, but upon reading it again and thinking about it, I see something else. Capital F type of Faith and Capital O type of Obedience.

I see her full dependence on God. Obviously, being a widow, she was not married, so she could not be depending on a husband to bring in more money. But, when you give your last as an offering that is full obedience and dedication. You are not saying "God you can't have this because I need this" you are saying "God take this as I give you my full trust."

I also see capital H, Humility. All the other people who were giving out of their abundance, meaning they could have given more. She gave her last.

It makes me think of the things that we hang on to  and do not want to let God be in charge of. Is it our money or our relationships? Maybe it is a job that we know we is not spiritually healthy for us and we let it  affect us because the money is good or good enough.

When will we stop hanging on to what we want and start giving it to God and seeking what He wants from us? The time is now.




PLEASE SEE THE LOGOS AND LINKS BELOW TO SHARE THIS VIA EMAIL, TWITTER, FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, AND GOOGLE PLUS. THANKS.

No comments:

Post a Comment