Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Wednesday Wake Up #21

If Today Is Your Last Day

The topic of salvation has come up numerous times in the last few weeks with friends and family. I have been asked questions Bible choice (translation) to the second coming and people should be scared. I'm no Biblical scholar, but I am seeking to learn and teach other as I learn. I have directed people who do not read the Bible to start with a simpler book, proverbs, but then I was later corrected and told to introduce people to the Book of John so that they can be introduced to Jesus. That is what I realized what was missing. I talk to numerous people every week and sadly I have not brought up Jesus or their salvation through him. I was doing people a disservice and as best as I can through the Holy Spirit, I want to help guide them toward resources to answer the question, if today was your last day on earth, would you go to Heaven or Hell?
You cannot earn salvation. There are no works to complete in order to get to Heaven. You cannot be baptized by your parents and get into Heaven. You cannot be saved because your family is. Following Christ and accepting him as your Lord and Savior is your choice. Yes!, YOUR choice. If you are on your death bed and accept Christ as your Lord and Savior, then you are forgiven and welcomed into the family of believers. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life and no once comes to the father except through him. Jesus is not a way, or one way, or anything other than THE WAY (J0hn 14:6).
For those of us who are not on our death beds and can repent for our sins, then do that. Our sin is what draws us away from God. It is our sin that brought Christ to earth to be the last sacrifice for us to be reconciled to God. No more slaughtering of animals, just accepting that Christ's blood paid the price for us. When we repent of our sins that does not mean we all of a sudden stop sinning, but our minds change on the sins that we have committed and sought to justify as just part of being human (Got Questions article on repentance). If you have accepted Christ then the old ways die and you become new (2 Corinthians 5:17).
To further understand Jesus, I would also check to see if you know and understand that Jesus is God in the flesh. Do you know that he was resurrected on the 3rd day after his day bringing truth to prophecies that existed before he was ever born? Do you know that he is the only way to God? If you understand these and accept Christ, then welcome to the family of believers. If you think Jesus was just some rebel who was just counter culture, then you need to read more and put down your remote for your TV. If you want to be saved seek to know Christ and accept him as your Lord (of your life) and Savior (from eternal damnation). Our life is not very long and the after life is longer. Where will you spend yours?If you are ready to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you can pray this prayer "Jesus is the Lord of my life. He is my Lord and Savior. I believe in my heart that God raised you from the dead. I believe that you are God in human form. I believe that you are the way the truth and light. I thank you for dying for my sins. Thank you for saving me. Amen."

Please see Francis Chan's 3 min explanation on eternity (click his pic)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWk7RUg3ZV4
Please see Rick Warren's 13 min message on Jesus and Salvation (click his pic)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvRf1uTi1jc
(Please feel free to leave comments to add to the discussion)
PLEASE SEE THE LOGOS AND LINKS BELOW TO SHARE VIA EMAIL, TWITTER, FACEBOOK, PINTEREST AND GOOGLE PLUS. THANKS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment