Friday, January 1, 2016

Friday Focus #20

No Clock Needed

As I write this on December 31, 2015, I know that it will not be read until January 1, 2016. By that time, many will come to make a list of New Year's Resolutions. This list is compiled of things/items to be checked off as completed as the year progresses. I used to make these lists and put a ton of things I wanted to change in my lifestyle and then it hit me, what am I waiting for? There is no clock needed for change. No calendar is needed in order for me to change the way I think, act or behave. Change can happen in an instant if you want to. When you first started following Christ, was that a New Year's Resolution? If the change is that necessary, then why wait?


If you want to make changes in your life that keep you from doing things the wrong way with relationships (I bring these up often obviously) or money management or especially if there are sinful ways you want out of your life, look at this verse in Ephesians 5:15-16: "Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil." We must stop wasting time in our lives so that we can be more free to do what it is God wants from us. In order to live abundantly as God wants us to do (John 10:10), we cannot be covered in sin and old ways of living if God is to bless us and allow for the abundance to come. We cannot have better relationships if we keep doing things the same way. We cannot have healthier lives if we keep eating the same crap. We cannot be in God's will if we are covered in sin. Anytime is a good time for a change.

 

I also want to share with you Romans 12:2 which tells us not to be conformed by the world's ways but to be transformed by the renewing of our minds. And we cannot forget that if we really are looking to have something change in our lives, we need God's help. We can read a bunch of self help books or listen to pastors (no names needed) who say we are all just great people and we can do everything on our own power, but the truth is, we need the Holy Spirit to guide and direct our steps. Without the Holy Spirit, I am lost in life and stuck trying to do things the way I want to not knowing that there is a different way to do them.



My inspiration today comes from a message (9 min video) from Bishop TD Jakes "Free Your Mind"

PLEASE SEE THE LOGOS AND LINKS BELOW TO SHARE VIA EMAIL, TWITTER, FACEBOOK, PINTEREST AND GOOGLE PLUS. THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment