Saturday, January 2, 2016

Romans 8: Condemnation, Heirs, Problems, Attacks

Condemnation, Heirs, Problems, Attacks

One of my favorite verses is Romans 8:1 which tells us that if we are in Jesus Christ (following Christ and being submissive to God's will) we are not going to be condemned. People can try to condemn, but it cannot stick. The law will try to condemn you for missteps or mess ups, but God is not condemning you. Yes, there are earthly consequences for our actions, we are not getting off scot- free on earth, but God is not holding everything against us as people do.That is so freeing. We can beat ourselves up for the bad decisions we make, but when we go to God and seek to do better with the guidance of the Holy Spirit and truly repent, He isn't holding it against us. Isn't that great news?!?!


Romans 8:14 tells us that if we are led by the Spirit of God then we are sons (children) of God. The English Standard Version uses "sons" but as we say mankind, we do not only mean men, but women as well. So, whether you are male or female, if you are led by the Holy Spirit, then consider yourself a member of God's family.We are not associates, or friends or buddies with God, but children of God. There are many out there who do not have strong family units and with the understanding that if you submit to God's will and are led by God you are apart of His family.


And when things seem down right horrible and never ending, we must remember that for those who love God, all things work together for good for those called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28). I have been dealing with this thinking recently as things I am experiencing are not turning out favorably at the time in which they occur. I am learning to trust in God and remember that His will is working in my life as I am led to follow Him and seek His will. It is hard to remember because there are painful things that happen or are said, but in His will those things can work for His purposes. The results may not be now and I may never see them, but that is not my focus. I do what the BOSS says.


And finally, if God is for us, who can be against us (Romans 8:31)? No matter what people say or do to me or whatever circumstances come my way, I am empowered to know that being led by the Holy Spirit will not do me wrong as I am in Christ. 


PLEASE SEE THE LOGOS AND LINKS BELOW TO SHARE VIA EMAIL, TWITTER, FACEBOOK, PINTEREST AND GOOGLE PLUS. THANKS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment