Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Wednesday Wake Up #14

Living in a Box

I was driving home the other night and was thinking to myself about some of the patterns I have in my life. One of these patterns is living in a box. Not a literal box, but a figurative one. There are fears that I have that have been in control of decisions I made. I rationalized these decisions and utilized the boundaries I created in order to keep the "worst" from happening. There is nothing wrong with boundaries, but when the boundaries are outside of God's will, that's where the problem lies.


When we read 2 Timothy 1:7 we know that God did not give us a spirit of fear. God does not want us to live in fear, especially when we are doing things that glorify Him. There would be no need to be fearful when God tells you to do something to glorify the Kingdom. That fear can come from not thinking you are good enough to do it. Or that fear could come from thinking people won't like what you are doing. But, God can use imperfect people to get His message across (2 Samuel 11 and Matthew 1:6). And what we do for God isn't about how everyone will take it (Matthew 10:28). We are not people pleasers. We are servants to the will of God, our King.

Now, as I move forward in live I see that the box was supposed to be keeping me safe, but it was also keeping me from living life and living it abundantly in God's will (John 10:10). It kept me from doing what God wanted me to because I was not thinking how God wanted me to think. When I am in tune with Christ like thinking on God sized goals, I have no reason to fear. Maybe that fear was from Satan to keep me from being one with God, but we need not fear as we walk with God (Isaiah 41:10).



PLEASE SEE THE LOGOS AND LINKS BELOW TO SHARE VIA EMAIL, TWITTER, FACEBOOK, PINTEREST AND GOOGLE PLUS. THANKS! 




No comments:

Post a Comment