Friday, April 15, 2016

Friday Focus #35

You Are Wonderfully Made

Do you know that verse Psalm 139:14 about being wonderfully made? It is a verse that I personally need to look back on and remember when I feel down or low or unhappy about life. I can feel empty emotionally or even relationally and forget that when people let me down (for whatever reason) that God still loves me and I am important to Him. 


The verse starts off with "I praise You" which indicates the writer being thankful to God. It is not a sarcastic way of expression like Paul did with the churches when he wrote them letters. But a heart felt praising. When you go through a rough time (and we all have had them) thank God afterwards when it is over. Praise Him for the little things. One little thing I love to praise God for is a parking good spot in my neighborhood. That may sound silly, but if you cannot thank God in the small, how will you even see Him in the bigger things? He is always working for you and to show you how you can be thankful. I have been through some tough times and can see God's hand in those times and for that I praise Him.


Next the psalmist writes "for I am fearfully and wonderfully made." I can figure out what wonderfully made can mean, but what about fearfully? Well, that means having a "fear" of God. I don't mean fear like the fear we have of wild animals but a respectful fear, like what one might have for a parent. To know that you are made to respect God and that God made you wonderful shows how the Lord wants you to honor Him for what He does and what He did.
And lastly, "Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well." Acknowledge that you know what God Has done, whether it is large or small, acknowledge God. Imagine if someone bought you a house as a gift and you never thanked them for it. That may sound silly, but throw that same ideology onto God who we know has us fearfully and wonderfully made. How insane is it to not acknowledge God for that? Humble yourself and stop taking credit for everything and acknowledge the work God has done.


PLEASE SEE THE LOGOS AND LINKS BELOW TO SHARE VIA EMAIL, TWITTER, FACEBOOK, PINTEREST AND GOOGLE PLUS. THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment