Sunday, April 3, 2016

1 Timothy 1: Thank Him for Strength

Thank Him for Strength

Paul's strength to do his ministries were not of his own accord. He knew that. We should know that our strength to do God's work does not come from our own reserve either. In 1 Timothy 1:12 Paul says " I thank him who has given me strength, Christ Jesus our Lord, because he judged me faithful, appointing me to his service..." We can do the same. While we are not Paul, we do know that God has, does and will continue to appoint those He chooses to do His work. What has he called you to do?


Another note, if we look at Paul's life in whole and not in part we will see that verse 15 that speaks of Paul being the worst sinner is not a verse that many can apply to themselves. I personally, due to my guilt of my own sin, used to wear a t shirt that displayed my guilt as if referenced that verse and being the worst sinner. But, in fact that verse that Paul wrote was in literal reference to himself in regard to him being personally responsible for the death of Christians because they were Christian. So, before you go quoting scripture and applying it to you, make sure it is not one that is specific to just one person and can only or primarily apply to them. 

 PLEASE SEE THE LOGOS AND LINKS BELOW TO SHARE VIA EMAIL, TWITTER, FACEBOOK, PINTEREST AND GOOGLE PLUS. THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment