Tuesday, February 16, 2016

2 Corinthians 9: The Cheerful Giver

The Cheerful Giver

As discussed in chapter 8 the amount one gives to a church or whatever should come from the heart. The old testament had a standard of 10% but God knows what you can give and what you cannot give. As a matter of fact, due to reading yesterday's text and today's text I remembered to give to my home church as I had forgotten the last 2 months. I gave what I could, not what some might say I should. As Paul says here in verse 7 "Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." My Pastor Rick Warren has stated that if you feel pressure to give, then don't. It's not coming from the heart. I would agree with him as what he says is backed up by scripture (see what I did there- not every pastor gets everything right)


But before that in verse 6 Paul tells us that the point is if you give sparingly (little) in dedication to God, you will reap sparingly (little). The opposite is true where if you give bountifully (much/more than you can afford) then you will reap the same. The reaping does not have to be money, it can be, If the focus is on "how can I get more money?" then you have forgotten about the heart of Christ. Seek his will as it was entrenched in the Father's (God's).


PLEASE SEE THE LOGOS AND LINKS BELOW TO SHARE VIA EMAIL, TWITTER, FACEBOOK, PINTEREST AND GOOGLE PLUS. THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment