Friday, August 28, 2015

Friday Focus #2

The Importance of Accountability

If we aren't wanting to be held accountable then we are leaving ourselves open to falling for the temptation Satan throws at us. Satan knows what makes you stumble. Satan knows what will make you fall. Satan knows what will draw you further away from God and the rest of the flock. That is when Satan can attack (see 1 Peter 5:8).


When we are being held accountable we are able to help strengthen the body of Christ. If I am stumbling and do not care then I can cause another brother or sister to stumble. We see in Hebrews 10:24-25 that we need to "spur one another toward love and good deeds." We need to meet together and "encourage one another." The stronger we are as units the stronger the body of Christ is.


When I am going through a tough time it is amazing to be able to get a phone call or a text from a brother in Christ who can listen to my bad days. It is amazing to have brothers in Christ who will pray for me and with me. They will also keep me in check when I fall to sin (James 5:16), be it intentional or unintentional. Accountability is a big part of the Christian walk.

 PLEASE SEE THE LOGOS AND LINKS BELOW TO SHARE THIS VIA EMAIL, TWITTER, FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, ETC. THANKS.

No comments:

Post a Comment