Friday, June 10, 2016

Friday Focus #43

Take Ownership

Psalm 7:3-5. I have not fully read through the Book of Psalm yet, but this chapter jumped out to me in my head. I read the chapter until I came across something that would be interesting to write about. While reading, a few verses jumped out to me. I had to get some background on them so that I didn't misunderstand what was being said. Here, David is speaking to God. He says, "O Lord my God, if I have done this, if there is wrong in my hands, if I have repaid my friend with evil, or plundered my enemy without cause, let the enemy pursue my soul and overtake it, and let him trample my life to the ground and lay my glory in the dust." David lets God know "if" I have done something wrong to his friend or done wrong to an enemy for no good reason, then he says let them overtake me and trample my life to the ground. I like that David even looks at himself saying "if I" where many of us would not. There is no "if I have done wrong" in many arguments, disagreements, and issues in our lives. It usually is finger pointing. When, not if, but when you go to God for your troubles, open up and give Him the chance to show you if you have done others wrong. Maybe the trouble that you are experiencing is due to something you have done, not everything everyone else has done. Be honest with yourself and allow yourself to take ownership for your own problems.


PLEASE SEE THE LOGOS AND LINKS BELOW TO SHARE VIA EMAIL, TWITTER, FACEBOOK, PINTEREST AND GOOGLE PLUS. THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment